Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Garlic is as good as 10 mothers

The 30th annual Gilroy Garlic Festival is this weekend and im not missing it for anything. Although it will always be second in my eyes to the Castroville Artichoke festival.

Whether you are a first-time visitor or a “seasoned” veteran, the Gilroy Garlic Festival is always a fun and fragrant experience. Over 3 million honored guests have made the pilgrimage. Please join us in celebrating this palate-pleasing herb at the 30th annual Gilroy Garlic Festival, July 25-27. Always the last full weekend in July!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Omigod omigod omigod, I've wanted to go to it ever since I saw a thing in National Geographic when I was a kid...please tell me the garlic ice cream comes in vegan. (And that there are some small organic cooperative farms where the workers are well-compensated for never being able to get the smell of garlic off their fingers, that's something else I remembered from that article. I mean, garlic-smelling hands are great when it's culinary/recreational, probably not so much when it's occupational.)

Somebody besides me needs to start posting some comments on here, lest I be inspired to start commenting under different names.